For adults and adolescents 16 years and older:
- Apply gel 3 to 4 times a day.
- The amount needed will vary depending upon the size of the painful or
swollen area: 2 g to 4 g (1 g equals a strip approximately 2 cm long) gel
will be sufficient to cover a 400 to 800 cm² area.
- Tubes: before first use, unscrew and remove the cap. Use the reverse side
of the cap to remove the seal from the tube.
- Gently squeeze out a small amount of gel from the tube and apply to the painful
or swollen area, slowly rubbing into the skin. You may notice a slight cooling effect
when you rub the gel in.
- Wash your hands after rubbing in Voltaren Emulgel to avoid accidental
contact with the mouth and eyes, unless of course they are the site being
The gel should not be used for more than 7 days for muscle and joint
injuries, unless recommended by a doctor. Talk to your doctor if your
condition does not improve within 7 days, or if it gets worse. Do not apply
where skin is cut, open or broken.Overdose:
In case of drug overdose, contact a health care practitioner, hospital
emergency department or regional Poison Control Centre immediately,
even if there are no symptoms.
If you use more gel than you should wipe off the surplus gel with a tissue.
If you or a child accidentally swallows the gel, contact your doctor